C4 is committed to teaming with the region’s most qualified and experienced coaches. Each coach must pass a background check and are carefully screened by the directors to ensure that they are committed to building relationships with their players, training them to be consistent high level-players, and positively impacting their lives on and off the court. All of our coaches are required to attend USVA IMPACT training, C4-specific coach training, and are referee certified.
Here are a few characteristics that represent what C4 values and promotes in its coaches. They include:
- Positive coaching: Research shows that punishing poor performance does not produce the best results from players. We work hard to promote a positive environment while keeping in mind our responsibility to grow and develop
- Developing Players: As coaches our biggest concern is developing players, not our wins or losses.
- Fun: Help kids to have fun and enjoy volleyball!
- Sportsmanship: Model the appropriate behaviors. Teach the our teams that they will have to overcome one or two ‘bad calls’ each game, but to prevail and work hard. We strive to have them learn how to set the standard for all teams as gracious competitors.
- Teamwork: Learning how to work as a team is a lesson that will serve our players long after their volleyball ‘career’ is over.
- Character: As coaches we are modeling and teaching character, both on and off of the court.